REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Saturday called for a “9/11-style commission” to investigate the effects of the Trump administration policy that led to family separations at the southern border.
The freshman lawmaker made the demand while speaking at an immigration town hall in her home district, according The Guardian. Ocasio-Cortez, who has become a favorite target of President Trump’s, said if the Democrats win back the Senate and White House the government should convene a special commission to investigate family separations.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The 9/11 commission, they were charged with the investigating and making sure they dug out every nook and cranny of what happened and how it happened in our system,” she said. “And I think that that kind of study is what’s going to be required in order to reunite as many children with their parents as possible. That’s the work that we have to do.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism