REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez contemplating next political move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez may tire of life in the House of Representatives and look to move to the United States Senate, it was speculated upon on Monday.
Sources told Axios that the freshman lawmaker was contemplating her next political move and looking at challenging one of New York’s senators – either Chuck Schumer or Kirsten Gillibrand – in their next primary.
The article goes on to state the following:
Schumer, who serves as Democratic Leader in the Senate, is next up for re-election in 2022 and Gillibrand, who is running for president, is up in 2024.
Axios reporter Mike Allen laid out the talk he’s heard from ‘top Democrats’ on the news outlet’s HBO show.
According to him, New York Democrats see Ocasio-Cortez replacing the Clintons and Obamas the ‘go-to’ endorsement in the Democratic Part; teaming up with Sen. Elizabeth Warren to push a liberal agenda; and, finally, ‘Democrats think/fear she will challenge one of the New York Democrats,’ Allen said.
CLICK HERE to read more from the Daily Mail.
AOC could run for Senate next – and might run against Chuck Schumer in a primary to make the jump https://t.co/ApYjjYvmhX
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) June 10, 2019
AOC’s possible next step: primarying Schumer in 2022 or Gillibrand in 2024 for a Senate seat from New York, sources tell Axios on HBO. https://t.co/Q2UyrtYyMY
— Axios (@axios) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Oklahoma teen accused of threatening to shoot ‘400 people for fun,’ officers make chilling find at her home
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House