REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXBUSINESS.COM:
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Wednesday fired back at Jamie Dimon after the JPMorgan Chase chief executive criticized the Green New Deal, a cornerstone of the New York Democrat’s agenda.
“JP Morgan agreed to pay out *$13 billion* over its massive role in mortgage schemes w the ‘08 recession,” she said in a tweet, referring to Dimon’s then-record settlement with the Department of Justice for the bank’s alleged role in underwriting fraudulent securities in the lead-up to the 2008 financial crisis.
The article goes on to state the following:
“They also finance major fossil fuel pipelines. It’s big money,” she added. “So maybe they *aren’t* the best authority on prioritizing economic wellbeing of everyday people & the planet.”
JP Morgan agreed to pay out *$13 billion* over its massive role in mortgage schemes w the ‘08 recession.
They also finance major fossil fuel pipelines. It’s big money💵
So maybe they *aren’t* the best authority on prioritizing economic wellbeing of everyday people & the planet. https://t.co/oLSvrIxPsZ
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) March 20, 2019
Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan, suggests @AOC and @SenMarkey‘s Green New Deal isn’t ‘intelligent’ and then struggles to propose anything near the scale of what the climate crisis requires. pic.twitter.com/9m9lApRjyw
— Justice Democrats (@justicedems) March 19, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXBUSINESS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts