REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez responds to Trump’s comments on Puerto Rico death toll with personal story
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democratic House candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez condemned President Trump in a tweet with a personal twist after he accused Democrats of inflating the death toll numbers in Puerto Rico from last year’s hurricane season.
In a tweet directed at the president, Ocasio-Cortez, who is Latina, talked about how her grandfather died in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, becoming one of the “uncounted” deaths to which she claimed thousands of Puerto Ricans can attest.
The article goes on to state the following:
“My own grandfather died in the aftermath of the storm. Uncounted,” she said. “Thousands of Puerto Ricans have similar stories. They have lost children, friends, & family members.”
Ocasio-Cortez has talked about her grandfather dying the aftermath of Maria previously. She tweeted about it in November, lamenting how she thought the federal government wasn’t doing a good enough job to help return power to the entire island.
On Thursday she promoted her support for Sens. Bernie Sanders’ $146 billion Puerto Rico recovery plan.
“Instead of finger-pointing, INVEST in the Marshall Plan for Puerto Rico + just transition to renewable energy,” she said in her tweet.
My own grandfather died in the aftermath of the storm. Uncounted.
Thousands of Puerto Ricans have similar stories. They have lost children, friends, & family members.
Instead of finger-pointing, INVEST in the Marshall Plan for Puerto Rico + just transition to renewable energy. https://t.co/ncukYyJsRu
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Ocasio2018) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments