REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez responds to Trump’s comments on Puerto Rico death toll with personal story
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democratic House candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez condemned President Trump in a tweet with a personal twist after he accused Democrats of inflating the death toll numbers in Puerto Rico from last year’s hurricane season.
In a tweet directed at the president, Ocasio-Cortez, who is Latina, talked about how her grandfather died in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, becoming one of the “uncounted” deaths to which she claimed thousands of Puerto Ricans can attest.
The article goes on to state the following:
“My own grandfather died in the aftermath of the storm. Uncounted,” she said. “Thousands of Puerto Ricans have similar stories. They have lost children, friends, & family members.”
Ocasio-Cortez has talked about her grandfather dying the aftermath of Maria previously. She tweeted about it in November, lamenting how she thought the federal government wasn’t doing a good enough job to help return power to the entire island.
On Thursday she promoted her support for Sens. Bernie Sanders’ $146 billion Puerto Rico recovery plan.
“Instead of finger-pointing, INVEST in the Marshall Plan for Puerto Rico + just transition to renewable energy,” she said in her tweet.
My own grandfather died in the aftermath of the storm. Uncounted.
Thousands of Puerto Ricans have similar stories. They have lost children, friends, & family members.
Instead of finger-pointing, INVEST in the Marshall Plan for Puerto Rico + just transition to renewable energy. https://t.co/ncukYyJsRu
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Ocasio2018) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant