REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez slams reporter who commented on her outfit (PHOTO)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Thursday shot back at a journalist who said that the outfit she wore on Capitol Hill didn’t look like one someone who “struggles” would have.
“If I walked into Congress wearing a sack, they would laugh & take a picture of my backside,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “If I walk in with my best sale-rack clothes, they laugh & take a picture of my backside.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Dark hates light – that’s why you tune it out. Shine bright & keep it pushing.”
Her comments came only hours after a Washington Examiner media reporter tweeted a picture of Ocasio-Cortez roaming the Capitol’s halls.
If I walked into Congress wearing a sack, they would laugh & take a picture of my backside.
If I walk in with my best sale-rack clothes, they laugh & take a picture of my backside.
Dark hates light – that’s why you tune it out.
Shine bright & keep it pushing.✨ https://t.co/mRq5wn0v9A
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Ocasio2018) November 15, 2018
ATTN! I posted a tweet earlier suggesting the incoming congresswoman looked well put together — ELEGANT even — despite suggestions she’s struggled. The tweet was taken as something else, so I’ve deleted it!
— Eddie Scarry (@eScarry) November 16, 2018
Below is a screenshot of the reporter’s now-deleted post:
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Theresa May’s resignation announcement
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists