REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, Tlaib passed over by House Dems for influential committee memberships
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
House Democratic leaders this week passed over New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib, and other new progressive firebrands for memberships on powerful committees, despite a viral campaign by liberal activists.
Although it is historically rare for freshmen members of Congress to obtain sought-after seats on top committees, progressive groups said they saw the news as a setback, as they hope to enact sweeping environmental and economic reforms in the coming years. The Steering and Policy Committee, chaired by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, formally assigns members to committees.
The article goes on to state the following:
The new Democrats have arrived with more than a little fanfare. Ocasio-Cortez, a 29-year-old self-described Democratic socialist, has repeatedly come up short in her efforts to tangle with senior Democrats in her first days in office — even as her social media following and positive media coverage remain virtually unmatched.
As for Tlaib, 42, she apologized earlier this week for causing a “distraction” by calling President Trump a “motherf—er” and promising to impeach him.
The report also noted the following:
Tlaib, just days after drawing the ire of some top Democrats for her tirade against Trump, attracted negative press attention again by suggesting that some Republicans have a “dual loyalty” to the U.S. and Israel.
“They forgot what country they represent,” Tlaib, a Palestinian-American who made history by becoming one of the first two Muslim women to ever serve in Congress, wrote on Twitter, referring to Senate Republicans pushing a pro-Israel bill during the ongoing partial federal government shutdown.
Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib passed over by House Dems for influential committee membershipshttps://t.co/YhW3kBxm9Q
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) January 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Cindy McCain shares hateful message she received after latest attack from President Trump
- POLL: Are Trump’s tweets against Kellyanne Conway’s husband going too far?
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- OpEd: Cuomo unleashes anti-Trump tirade after feds downgrade priority of $30B infrastructure project
- BREAKING: Federal judge drops bombshell on Trump’s drilling plans across the U.S.