REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez on why young people need to run for Congress
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is calling for more young people to run for Congress, saying it’s key for the body to “represent the American people.”
“Congress is supposed to represent the American people. One of the largest electorates right now are millennials and young people,” Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest woman to be elected to Congress, said in a new interview with Elle.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Frankly, if we’re not in the halls of Congress, then Congress isn’t working, which is why we need way more young people in office,” she added.
— The Hill (@thehill) December 6, 2018
— TheNewF (@TheNewFmagazine) December 5, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales