REPORT: Office of Special Counsel opens case file on Trump official for posting photo wearing MAGA socks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The U.S. Office of Special Counsel has opened a case file on Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke after receiving a complaint alleging he may have potentially violated the Hatch Act when he posted a photo of himself wearing a pair of “Make America Great Again” socks on social media.
“I can confirm that OSC received the complaint and has opened a case file,” Office of Special Counsel spokesman Zachary Kurz told the Washington Examiner. “However, I’m unable to comment on or confirm whether an investigation has been opened.”
The case file was first reported by CNN.
The article goes on to state the following:
The complaint, made by Campaign for Accountability in June, came after Zinke donned a pair of socks emblazoned with a President Trump-like figure and Trump’s 2016 campaign slogan when he attended the Western Governors’ Association’s annual meeting in South Dakota, also in June. Zinke then posted an image of the socks on Twitter, before deleting the tweet and writing an apology missive on the social media platform.
“Earlier I tweeted a pic of my new socks not realizing it had what could be viewed as a political slogan,” Zinke wrote. “I’ve deleted it and apologize for the mistake. I remain excited about all the incredible policy work POTUS is doing.”
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is being investigated by the Office of Special Counsel for tweeting this picture of himself wearing MAGA socks, a potential violation of the Hatch Act, according to @Accountable_Org pic.twitter.com/SKD5M6nYiF
— Ari Natter (@AriNatter) July 9, 2018
Office of Special Counsel opens case file on Zinke’s ‘Make America Great Again’ socks: The US Office of Special Counsel has opened a case file on whether Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke violated the Hatch Act when he tweeted a photo of himself wearing… https://t.co/ptd1UEd2mg pic.twitter.com/1XyAqmKoBW
— CITIZENS for CHANGE™ 🌊 (@cfcpac) July 10, 2018
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke used his official platform to show off is socks with the MAGA slogan, even though the Office of Special Counsel explicitly warned that wearing the slogan in an while on duty could violate the Hatch Act.https://t.co/OsbERSyGp7
— Citizens for Ethics (@CREWcrew) June 30, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- REPORT: Cindy McCain shares hateful message she received after latest attack from President Trump
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- POLL: Are Trump’s tweets against Kellyanne Conway’s husband going too far?
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team
- REPORT: Police chief’s daughter kills self, 2 kids in murder-suicide