REPORT: Officer in Mexico’s National Guard killed in shootout
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Mexico’s new National Guard force suffered its first casualty in the line of duty, when an officer was killed in a shootout with a gang.
The National Guard was launched by President Andres Manuel López Obrador in late June and is an amalgam of military police and federal police. It is supposed to be Mexico’s front-line force for fighting gangs.
The article goes on to state the following:
The federal Security Department said three suspects were killed in the confrontation Saturday in Yuriria township in the north-central state of Guanajuato. However, the Yuriria municipal government said five suspects were killed in the shootout, three wounded and seven detained.
The town said the National Guard patrol was attacked when “they detected a safe house operated by a criminal gang. One member of the National Guard was killed.”
Officer in Mexico's National Guard killed in shootout https://t.co/OjCSghAo3P
— Laredo Morning Times (@lmtnews) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’
- REPORT: Terror attack? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis calls for gun restrictions after Pensacola shooting
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning