REPORT: Ohio race tightens after county finds over 500 uncounted votes
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
COLUMBUS – The tight race between Democrat Danny O’Connor and Republican Troy Balderson just got tighter.
Election officials in Franklin County found 588 previously uncounted votes in a Columbus suburb. The result: O’Connor had a net gain of 190 votes, bringing the race’s margin down to 1,564.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The votes from a portion of one voting location had not been processed into the tabulation system,” according to a Franklin County Board of Elections news release.
Balderson declared victory Tuesday night in the closely watched congressional district race in central Ohio. But O’Connor says he’s waiting for all votes to be counted.
That includes 3,435 provisional ballots and 5,048 absentee ballots, which will be tabulated by Aug. 24.
— Frank Macek, WKYC Sr. Director (@frankmacekwkyc) August 9, 2018
— Jessie Balmert (@jbalmert) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by USATODAY.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Insider says FDNY brawl ‘one of the most severe beatings seen on tape’
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees