REPORT: Olympic ski champion devastated as 19-month-old child dies in drowning accident
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ESPN.COM:
LOS ANGELES — The 19-month-old daughter of U.S. Olympic skier Bode Miller drowned in a Southern California swimming pool, authorities said Monday.
Emeline Miller died Sunday at an Orange County hospital, the day after paramedics tried unsuccessfully to revive her after the drowning incident.
“We are beyond devastated,” Miller said in an Instagram post that showed several photos of the blonde-haired, blue-eyed toddler.
The article goes on to state the following:
Paramedics were called to a home in the enclave of Coto de Caza just before 6:30 p.m. Saturday, said Capt. Tony Bommarito of the Orange County Fire Authority.
They tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate the girl and rushed her to an emergency room, Bommarito said.
“They had no pulses the whole way,” Bommarito said. “It didn’t end well.”
The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Team tweeted its condolences to Miller and his family.
Miller, 40, is the most decorated male U.S. skier, with 33 World Cup wins, two overall titles, four world championships and six Olympic medals, including gold at the 2010 Vancouver Games in the super-combined. At the 2014 Sochi games, he was the oldest alpine skier — at age 36 — to win a medal.
We are beyond devastated. Our baby girl, Emmy, passed away yesterday. Never in a million years did we think we would experience a pain like this. Her love, her light, her spirit will never be forgotten. Our little girl loved life and lived it to it’s fullest everyday. Our family respectfully requests privacy during this painful time.
To weigh in on this information provided by ESPN.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
— ABC News (@ABC) June 12, 2018
— CBS News (@CBSNews) June 12, 2018
Totally breaks my heart to hear this. Don’t know Bode Miller other than by his incredible Olympic feats, but I am so saddened by such tragic news. Can’t imagine the anguish and grief. Hope all will pray for this Dad, Mom, and their family. https://t.co/Clsvw79Yqs
— Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee) June 12, 2018
— CBS News (@CBSNews) June 12, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ESPN.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended