REPORT: One of first women accepted in Marines Corps admits to ‘mistake’ that will see her discharged
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by SEATTLETIMES.COM:
WASHINGTON — One of the first women to enter the Marine Corps infantry is being discharged from the service after admitting to having an intimate relationship with a subordinate — a fellow Marine she eventually married.
On their own, the legal charges against Cpl. Remedios Cruz, 26, are not uncommon in military investigations of U.S. troops. But they highlight the struggle the Marine Corps has had in integrating women into jobs that were only open to men before 2015.
“The biggest mistakes I’ve made in the infantry were from my personal relationships,” Cruz said. “I really want to move on.”
The article goes on to state the following:
As part of a deal to avoid going to trial, Cruz pleaded guilty to fraternization in July and decided to put the Marine Corps behind her. She is awaiting her final separation from the Marines.
She was one of three women who joined 1st Battalion, 8th Marines in January 2017. She was accused of three charges — fraternization, adultery and accessory to larceny — in separate investigations that would have been sent to court-martial in June.
— The Hill (@thehill) September 13, 2018
…”it was rare for a commander to recommend a court-martial after a pretrial hearing had already concluded that there was no probable cause for multiple charges”.https://t.co/MfS3Rc0JUs
— Juliette Kayyem (@juliettekayyem) September 13, 2018
One of first female infantry Marines discharged for relationship with subordinate https://t.co/UME5kIXHP4
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 13, 2018
One of the First Women in the Infantry Will Be Discharged From the Marineshttps://t.co/kt1IzJ6FNc
— JR (@ReganRprt) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by SEATTLETIMES.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments