REPORT: One of first women accepted in Marines Corps admits to ‘mistake’ that will see her discharged
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by SEATTLETIMES.COM:
WASHINGTON — One of the first women to enter the Marine Corps infantry is being discharged from the service after admitting to having an intimate relationship with a subordinate — a fellow Marine she eventually married.
On their own, the legal charges against Cpl. Remedios Cruz, 26, are not uncommon in military investigations of U.S. troops. But they highlight the struggle the Marine Corps has had in integrating women into jobs that were only open to men before 2015.
“The biggest mistakes I’ve made in the infantry were from my personal relationships,” Cruz said. “I really want to move on.”
The article goes on to state the following:
As part of a deal to avoid going to trial, Cruz pleaded guilty to fraternization in July and decided to put the Marine Corps behind her. She is awaiting her final separation from the Marines.
She was one of three women who joined 1st Battalion, 8th Marines in January 2017. She was accused of three charges — fraternization, adultery and accessory to larceny — in separate investigations that would have been sent to court-martial in June.
— The Hill (@thehill) September 13, 2018
…”it was rare for a commander to recommend a court-martial after a pretrial hearing had already concluded that there was no probable cause for multiple charges”.https://t.co/MfS3Rc0JUs
— Juliette Kayyem (@juliettekayyem) September 13, 2018
One of first female infantry Marines discharged for relationship with subordinate https://t.co/UME5kIXHP4
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 13, 2018
One of the First Women in the Infantry Will Be Discharged From the Marineshttps://t.co/kt1IzJ6FNc
— JR (@ReganRprt) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by SEATTLETIMES.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting SEATTLETIMES.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant