REPORT: Papadopoulos suspects ‘setup,’ wants to tell Congress
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Politico:
George Papadopoulos, the former Trump foreign policy aide whose overseas interactions triggered the FBI’s investigation of Trump campaign ties to Russia, says he’s willing to testify before Congress.
“I don’t have an issue as long as my lawyers are fine,” Papadopoulos told POLITICO on Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Papadopoulos, who was sentenced Friday to two weeks in jail for lying to the FBI about those foreign interactions, has quickly pivoted to a P.R. offensive against the bureau, suggesting that he might have been set up by Western intelligence officials seeking to incriminate Trump or his campaign. He said he’s interested in testifying to the House and Senate Judiciary Committees about these contentions.
Papadopoulos’ role in the 2-year-old Russia probe — now run by special counsel Robert Mueller — has been shrouded in mystery. The FBI opened the probe in August 2016, citing in part Papadopoulos’ interactions with Australian diplomat Alexander Downer. Papadopoulos reportedly told [D]owner, over drinks in London, that he had been informed in April 2016 by a professor with Russia ties that Russians had obtained thousands of Hillary Clinton’s emails.
Whether Papadopoulos informed others on the Trump campaign about the professor’s revelation remains a mystery — Papadopoulos himself says he can’t recall. But he’s since suggested that his run-in with Downer may have been a setup by Western intelligence officials.
“I think both committees deserve to know the truth about the suspicious Downer meeting and all the players involved leading to it,” Papadopoulos said.
— The Hill (@thehill) September 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by Politico, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Kavanagh be confirmed to the Supreme Court?
- REPORT: Hundreds of teen gangsters go on terrorizing rampage, police close amusement park
- REPORT: Kavanaugh classmates rescind names from statement rejecting second accuser’s allegation
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: Senate panel schedules vote for Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: Was Avenatti ‘duped’ by bombshell Kavanaugh claims?
- REPORT: Kavanaugh accuser’s lawyer sends letter with new complaint about hearing
- REPORT: 23-year old pageant winner dramatically STRIPPED of her crown for ‘lie’ (video/pictures)
- VIDEO: UN audience laughs when Trump remarks on achievements
- REPORT: Activist federal staffer who said she ‘can’t really get fired’ no longer working at DOJ