REPORT: Parkland school cop Scot Peterson starts receiving lucrative monthly pension
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by SUN-SENTINEL.COM:
Scot Peterson, the sheriff’s deputy vilified for failing to confront the Parkland school shooter, has begun receiving a state pension of $8,702.35 a month.
Peterson resigned and retired Feb. 22, a week after the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where he waited outside as Nikolas Cruz killed 17 people and wounded 17 others.
The article goes on to state the following:
Peterson began to receive his pension in April, according to the Florida Department of Management Services. He can receive the payments for the rest of his life.
The 55-year-old Peterson, a Broward deputy for 32 years, was paid $101,879.03 last year — $75,673.72 in base salary plus overtime and other compensation, according to sheriff’s office records. Until the shooting, he was considered a trusted school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas, according to annual reviews of his performance.
The Sun-Sentinel reported that Peterson’s pension payments are based on the total number of years he worked and the average of his five highest-paid fiscal years.
The coward of broward, Scot Peterson is getting over $8k a month pension! He hid while my daughter and 16 others were slaughtered! How in the hell is he getting this?
— Andrew Pollack (@AndrewPollackFL) May 16, 2018
This infuriates me in ways people cannot comprehend. My daughter would still be alive if this person did his job.https://t.co/MVYtMKjtGh
— Fred Guttenberg (@fred_guttenberg) May 16, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by SUN-SENTINEL.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting SUN-SENTINEL.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Robert DeNiro says he is banning Trump from his restaurants
- POLL: How do you rate the NFL’s new policy on the national anthem?
- REPORT: Semi truck busted pulling trailer FILLED with illegal immigrants in Texas
- REPORT: FBI Agents want Congress to subpoena them so they can blow whistle on Comey, Lynch and McCabe
- Trump Tweet: Tomi Lahren
- TRUMP TWEET: Two words
- REPORT: Comey blasts Trump’s FBI claims: ‘How will Republicans explain this to their grandchildren?’
- BREAKING: Judge rules whether Trump can block users on Twitter
- Trump Tweet: Slams James Clapper over comment on The View
- REPORT: State Dept issues warning after US employee victim of possible sonic attack in China