REPORT: Paul Ryan speaks out on his biggest ‘unfinished business’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
PHILADELPHIA — Paul Ryan said Monday that reforms to entitlement spending and immigration were the biggest “unfinished business” of his speakership.
“Those are the two big things that have to be dealt with,” Ryan said in a rare public address at an electric utility industry conference hosted by the Edison Electric Institute. “Our politics are not letting us solve those problems. Our politics are vicious right now.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Ryan was outlining his preferred agenda after he was asked by Edison Electric Institute President Thomas Kuhn whether he would run for president in the future. The former House speaker from Wisconsin did not answer the question directly, instead discussing Republicans’ “unfinished business.”
“One thing I regret the most is we did not get a debt reduction plan in place,” Ryan said. “If you don’t get these entitlements under control, we will have a debt crisis in this country. Immigration has been plagued by politics. If we solve the immigration problem, which is totally solvable, and our debt problem, which is totally solvable, we are going to be great.”
— EEI (@Edison_Electric) June 10, 2019
— Jake Sherman (@JakeSherman) June 10, 2019
Paul Ryan said reforms to entitlement spending and immigration were the biggest “unfinished business” of his speakership.https://t.co/q2v35NfEPD
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- BREAKING: Feds swarm ship in Philly port, announce ‘one of largest cocaine seizures in U.S. history’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Pelosi makes shocking statement about Trump after deportation announcement
- VIDEO: CNN cuts away from Trump rally after crowd chants ‘CNN sucks’
- REPORT: Fotis Dulos and girlfriend plead not guilty, even as chilling details emerge on his missing Connecticut wife
- VIDEO: ISIS images of a beheaded Scandinavian were sent to victim’s MOTHER
- REPORT: Former Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft ill after trip to Dominican Republic
- TRUMP TWEETS: Outrage over Hope Hicks testimony, slams Dems, witch hunt and more!
- REPORT: Warner Bros. film studio in lockdown after stage hand on Anne Hathaway movie stabbed in neck