REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats will convene via conference call on Monday to discuss the next steps following the public release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russia’s election interference and whether President Trump obstructed justice.
In a letter to House Democrats Thursday night, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told her caucus that they will talk about their strategy following the Passover and Easter holiday weekend, which will also offer lawmakers time to review the 448-page report in full.
The article goes on to state the following:
Pelosi said the conclusion offered by Attorney General William Barr in his four-page summary and press conference that Trump did not obstruct justice was “directly undercut” by Mueller’s report. Pelosi added that the version of the Mueller report provided by the Justice Department was “disrespectfully late and selectively redacted.”
Pelosi cited a line from the Mueller report stating that “We concluded Congress has authority to prohibit a president’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice,” which “accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.”
“Congress will not be silent,” Pelosi wrote.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by The Hill.
— J.D. Durkin (@jiveDurkey) April 19, 2019
Pelosi says House Dems will hold a call on Monday to talk next steps in Mueller strategy, vows “Congress will not be silent”: pic.twitter.com/cLKCp01nn9
— Jordain Carney (@jordainc) April 19, 2019
— Nioshii (@Nartist) April 19, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 19, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry