REPORT: Pelosi issues fiery statement on Trump’s new immigration rule
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday slammed the Trump administration’s new immigration rule that links an immigrant’s ability to secure residency or a path to citizenship to their use of public programs, predicting it will be defeated in court.
“This hateful, bigoted rule is a direct assault on our nation’s proud heritage as a beacon of hope and opportunity for all and a clear attempt to demonize and terrorize the newcomers who make America more American,” the California lawmaker tweeted.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Trump administration on Monday released the final version of the “public charge” rule change, which will go into effect Oct. 15.
Under the new definition of “public charge,” receipt of assistance like food stamps, housing assistance and Medicaid will be a negative factor when determining if an immigrant can be granted a green card or visas.
This hateful, bigoted rule is a direct assault on our nation’s proud heritage as a beacon of hope and opportunity for all and a clear attempt to demonize and terrorize the newcomers who make America more American. It will be swiftly challenged and defeated in the courts. https://t.co/x5q4E6KpPD
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) August 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]