REPORT: Pelosi releases statement on appointment of acting AG Matthew Whitaker
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday called for acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker to recuse himself from “any involvement” in special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe, which Whitaker has previously criticized.
“It is impossible to read Attorney General [Jeff] Sessions’ firing as anything other than another blatant attempt by [President Trump] to undermine & end Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation,” Pelosi wrote in a tweet.
The article goes on to state the following:
The appointment of Whitaker and the ouster of Sessions has elicited concerns among Democrats that Trump is taking steps to limit or shut down Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and any possible coordination with his team.
Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday also called for Whitaker to recuse himself from involvement in Mueller’s probe.
Given his record of threats to undermine & weaken the Russia investigation, Matthew Whitaker should recuse himself from any involvement in Mueller’s investigation. Congress must take immediate action to protect the rule of law and integrity of the investigation. #FollowTheFacts
— Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Footage emerges of Joe Biden’s senior adviser in 2016 slamming white people
- REPORT: ‘Game of Thrones’ actor speaks out about being sexually assaulted by female fans
- FBI conducts raid on major ‘body broker’ headquarters
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- VIDEO: Gold-medalist volleyball star shockingly faints during live interview
- REPORT: Sri Lanka officials revise Easter attack death toll by over 100
- VIDEO: 11-Year-Old ‘Drag Queen’ Dances for Dollar Bills in Gay Bar, praised by ABC News
- BREAKING: Florida House votes on banning sanctuary cities
- BREAKING: Trump, White House release formal statements after McCain’s passing