REPORT: Pelosi releases statement blasting Trump’s planned withdrawal from northern Syria
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Monday blasted President Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. forces from northern Syria ahead of an invasion by Turkey, calling it “deeply disturbing.”
“The President’s decision to withdraw U.S. forces from Northern Syria is a deeply disturbing development that betrays our Kurdish allies who have been instrumental partners in our mission to eradicate ISIS,” Pelosi said in a statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Despite what the President might say, ISIS remains a serious threat. This reckless, misguided decision undermines the efforts by our brave servicemembers and our allies to end ISIS’s tyranny,” she said.
In the statement posted on her website, Pelosi further added:
“Once again, President Trump is deserting an ally in a foolish attempt to appease an authoritarian strongman. By turning operational responsibility over to the Turks, President Trump has abandoned our Kurdish partners. This decision poses a dire threat to regional security and stability, and sends a dangerous message to Iran and Russia, as well as our allies, that the United States is no longer a trusted partner.
“The President must reverse this dangerous decision. The American people deserve a smart, strong and strategic national security policy that keeps America safe.”
Once again, @realDonaldTrump is deserting an ally in a foolish attempt to appease a foreign strongman – this time betraying our Kurdish allies who have been instrumental partners in our mission to eradicate ISIS. https://t.co/Bfa1MzxxCU
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- UPDATE: Identity, details emerge on MillerCoors employee who shot dead five colleagues
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar tweets: ‘This is what America looks like’ [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Authorities trying to locate hundreds of cruise ship passengers after American traveler tested positive for coronavirus
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- VIDEO: Sarah Sanders sends warning Trump backers about Bernie’s momentum
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim