VIDEO: Pelosi Says She’d Personally Welcome Lowering the Voting Age

BY DEAN DANIELS / MARCH 14, 2019 /

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

• Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNSNEWS.COM:

At a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was asked if she approves of lowering the voting age to 16:

“I myself – I’m not speaking for my caucus — I myself have always been for lowering the voting age to 16. I think it’s really important to capture kids when they’re in high school, when they’re interested in all of this, when they’re learning about government, to be able to vote.”

The article goes on to state the following:

Pelosi then plugged H.R. 1, a bill that would give the federal government greater control over state-run elections and ease voter registration requirements.

An amendment to H.R. 1 lowering the voting age to 16 did not pass, although the bill itself did. However, H.R. 1 has little to no chance of passing the Republican-led Senate.

To get more information about this article, please visit CNSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNSNEWS.COM

1. Ladelle March 14th, 2019 at 12:28 pm

You would all you want are the votes. Fed up with your childish behavior of the Democrats in Congress.

2. Michelle March 14th, 2019 at 12:29 pm

What do we the FUCKNG people want!!!!!!!!!

3. Linda March 14th, 2019 at 12:29 pm

OMG this woman is appidomy of stupid, 16 year olds are too damn young to know what’s going on, plus she was the illegals votes!

4. Marion Meyash March 14th, 2019 at 12:35 pm

Unbelievable! Kids today are taking history and they know nothing about the Constitution. Pelosi you have lost your mind.

• Marion Meyash March 14th, 2019 at 12:35 pm

NOT TAKING

5. Linda March 14th, 2019 at 1:12 pm

I’m old enough to remember I had to be 21 to be able to vote. There is no way that 16 year olds need to be able to vote (and I love teenagers).

6. Patti March 14th, 2019 at 2:10 pm

She feels she can sway them. My Grandchildren and most their age have no real understanding of all it entails . They haven’t held a job. McDonalds wants employees to have a HS diploma. If they have enough maturity to vote then they should have all rights of adults. Allowed to buy firearms,alcohol cigarettes. This is really stupid

7. Catherine Mueller March 14th, 2019 at 2:27 pm

This Is the dumbest idea ever. Most 18 year olds are not educated enough nor intrested in current events nor who is running in elections much less 16 year olds. Democrats are desperate For votes. We must fight this and keep this from happening it would be a total disaster!

8. Brian March 14th, 2019 at 2:40 pm

“Capture kids when they are in high school”. What an interesting use of words… What she means is “Secure their brainwashed Democrat votes”…

9. Carla Gierke March 14th, 2019 at 3:36 pm

I have grandchildren that age and older. They are not interested in politics at this age. Very busy with there very self centered life. Way to young to vote!!

10. Carla Gierke March 14th, 2019 at 3:43 pm

May I please ask why every time I try to comment. It tells me that: duplicate comment detected, it looks as though you’ve already said that! This is not true because it never lets me comment. WHY?

11. Anita March 14th, 2019 at 4:36 pm

Yes because they are moron’s and easily bought with lies and bullshit from the Democrats

12. Katin March 14th, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Higher the voting age to 21. Next they will want 10 yr olds to vote. They want Trump out so bad they will cheat to do it , that’s what worries me

13. CrazyInArizona March 16th, 2019 at 2:43 pm

Next they’ll be allowing lunatic asylum residents to vote….. oh, wait…. that IS the Democratic Party in toto.