VIDEO: Pelosi Says She’d Personally Welcome Lowering the Voting Age
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNSNEWS.COM:
At a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was asked if she approves of lowering the voting age to 16:
“I myself – I’m not speaking for my caucus — I myself have always been for lowering the voting age to 16. I think it’s really important to capture kids when they’re in high school, when they’re interested in all of this, when they’re learning about government, to be able to vote.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Pelosi then plugged H.R. 1, a bill that would give the federal government greater control over state-run elections and ease voter registration requirements.
An amendment to H.R. 1 lowering the voting age to 16 did not pass, although the bill itself did. However, H.R. 1 has little to no chance of passing the Republican-led Senate.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “I myself have always been for lowering the voting age to 16…I think it’s really important to capture kids when they’re in high school” pic.twitter.com/Enxr0kPJ3v
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez lashes out against Trump and his supporters in Twitter rant
- BREAKING: Second Parkland shooting survivor commits suicide