REPORT: Pentagon contractor arrested for using government computer to plan drug smuggling escapade on gay cruise
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A Pentagon contractor and drag queen was arrested on drug charges for attempting to smuggle ecstasy, Viagra, and other substances onto a all-gay cruise ship in Miami, according to police.
Peter Melendez, 35, and Peter Koehler, 27, were arrested Sunday after a drug-sniffing dog called Bill unearthed 246 grams of the date-rape drug GHB, 27 grams of ecstasy, 18 grams of ketamine, seven grams of Viagra, and five grams of Adderall in their luggage, the arrest affidavit sated.
The article goes on to state the following:
Melendez’s LinkedIn profile identifies him as a Pentagon contractor and Navy veteran who is a senior budget analyst for JMark Services Inc. He was charged with conspiracy to traffic in illegal drugs and trafficking in illegal drugs.
On his Facebook page, Melendez describes himself as a “jack of all trades” at the Pentagon for the past nine years. Friends have said he was the winner of the Miss Adams Morgan drag contest in 2016 or 2017.
The Washington Examiner further reported:
Authorities tracked down Melendez and Koehler because the pair exchanged emails on Melendez’s work account about smuggling the drugs and selling them on the cruise, according to the Miami-Dade Police Department. Both men confessed to carrying the drugs when questioned by police.
Their emails were intercepted by a Homeland Security special agent, who said the men were seeking “to smuggle the narcotics into the ship and distribute it once on board the ship.” Federal agents informed police of the men’s plans and they were subsequently arrested at PortMiami by Miami-Dade police working a Homeland Security detail.
CLICK HERE to read more.
Pentagon contractor arrested for using government computer to plan drug smuggling escapade on gay cruise https://t.co/ydMpPedf6H
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 8, 2019
Peter Melendez, a government contractor, and Robert Koehler were arrested because of emails sent from a government-issued computer, police said. https://t.co/K0kcZ9brhZ
— NBC News (@NBCNews) February 7, 2019
D.C. gay men arrested for attempting to smuggle drugs on cruise ship https://t.co/NZ328sYzJ4
— Washington Blade (@WashBlade) February 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week