REPORT: Pentagon kills ‘kill vehicle’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Pentagon is canceling a multibillion-dollar contract with Boeing for what’s known as the Redesigned Kill Vehicle, a new ballistic missile interceptor.
The move was announced Wednesday by Michael Griffin, the Pentagon’s undersecretary for research and engineering.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Ending the program was the responsible thing to do,” he said in a statement. “Development programs sometimes encounter problems. After exercising due diligence, we decided the path we’re going down wouldn’t be fruitful, so we’re not going down that path anymore. This decision supports our efforts to gain full value from every future taxpayer dollar spent on defense.”
The move was lamented by missile defense boosters, such as Riki Ellison of the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance.
— Missile Defense AA (@MissileDefAdv) August 21, 2019
“This decision will delay the deployment of any additional GBIs for the defense of the United States homeland to the 2030 timeframe at the earliest…” https://t.co/KCMa6oNIOG
— Kingston Reif (@KingstonAReif) August 22, 2019
The Pentagon is canceling a multibillion-dollar contract with Boeing for what’s known as the Redesigned Kill Vehicle, a new ballistic missile interceptor.https://t.co/1jUpplX17T
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 22, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts