REPORT: Pentagon Planning to Test Long-Banned Missiles After INF Pullout
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
The Pentagon plans this summer to test a ground-launched cruise missile of the type that has been banned for three decades by the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty, U.S. news agencies report.
“We’re going to test a ground-launched cruise missile in August,” a senior defense official, who declined to be named, was quoted by Reuters as saying on March 13.
Pentagon officials spoke to a small group of reporters on the condition that they would not be identified. The United States on February 2 launched the six-month process of leaving the INF Treaty after Washington and NATO repeatedly accused Moscow of violating the accord by developing the 9M729 cruise missile, also known as the SSC-8.
Russia, which denies the accusation, said it was also withdrawing from the INF Treaty, which banned both countries from developing, producing, and deploying ground-launched cruise or ballistic missiles with ranges between 500 and 5,500 kilometers.
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)