REPORT: Pentagon releases cost estimate of military preparation for Trump’s 4th event
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Pentagon estimates that it cost the military $1.2 million to participate in President Trump’s Fourth of July “Salute to America” event, which featured a flyover by fighter jets as well as multiple tanks and fighting vehicles.
Trump touted military accomplishments in his speech on the National Mall that was accompanied by flyovers from Air Force F-22 Raptor fighters and a B-2 Spirit bomber, Army Apache helicopters, Marine MV-22 Ospreys, Navy F-35C Lightning II fighters and F/A-18 Hornets, and Coast Guard MH-60 Jayhawk and MH-65 Dolphin helicopters.
The article goes on to state the following:
Abrams tanks and Bradley Fighting Vehicles were also stationed by the Lincoln Memorial as the president addressed attendees on the Mall, the site of an annual fireworks show that attracts hundreds of thousands of people to the nation’s capital.
“The Department of Defense supported the ‘Salute to America’ with demonstrations by aircraft, static displays of equipment and ceremonial unit participation,” a statement from the Pentagon’s Comptroller’s Office said. “Additional funding was used for the transportation of static displays and equipment. The total cost of the Department’s support to the ‘Salute to America’ event was $1.2 million.”
“The $1.2 million does not include the cost of the military flyovers, which were absorbed in the individual military services’ training budgets,” ABC News reported.
The Pentagon estimates that the military’s participation in President Trump’s July 4th “Salute to America” celebration cost $1.2 million. The event included flyovers by military aircraft, Abrams tanks and Bradley Fighting Vehicles by the Lincoln Memorial https://t.co/fWpzM2PgQ4
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) July 9, 2019
The Pentagon says its military jet flyovers, tank displays and unit participation in President Trump’s Fourth of July festivities cost $1.2 million. https://t.co/z8J5D040vK
— NPR Politics (@nprpolitics) July 9, 2019
— Yahoo News (@YahooNews) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- POLL: Will Trump’s decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria hurt his chances for reelection?
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?