REPORT: Pentagon warns troops about ‘active partisan political activities’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Department of Defense has issued an internal memo warning about certain political activity, in a directive emailed to all military and civilian personnel.
The memo, sent out Tuesday and obtained by the Washington Examiner, was sent on behalf of acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan and comes after reports the USS John S. McCain was hidden from view while President Trump was visiting Japan.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Our mission, to protect and defend the nation, is apolitical,” the memo reads. “I call on leaders at all levels in the department to reinforce the apolitical nature of military and civilian service and professionalism, while ensuring all personnel remain free to exercise the responsibilities of citizenship as laws and regulations allow.”
Airmen onboard the USS WASP wearing patches on their jumpsuits that read “Make Aircrew Great Again.” The patches include an image in the center in the likeness of President Trump. pic.twitter.com/rQKAyrcDte
— Vivian Salama (@vmsalama) May 28, 2019
Navy pushes back against claim it covered up USS John McCain at White House request https://t.co/cB30a3n7Uu
— tedhu (@tedhu) June 3, 2019
Also: “… around 800 military men and women—some of whom wore “Make Aircrew Great Again” patches with a likeness of the president on their jumpsuits…”
Not okay. The Navy is America’s Navy, not Trump’s (or any other president’s).https://t.co/XzgUB33ibC
— Kelsey Farish (@KelseyFarish) May 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: ‘Please pray for CNN’: Cable news network roasted for report condemning ‘thoughts and prayers’
- A new feature for DML News alerts and notifications
- VIDEO: Trump: It’s ‘looking like’ Iran was responsible for Saudi oil attacks
- REPORT: Italian soldier stabbed in throat by man shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’
- REPORT: California Catholic leaders urge Newsom to veto bill on abortions at colleges
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton rages against ‘voter suppression’ in keynote speech