REPORT: P&G brand gives big sum to US women’s soccer team to close gender pay gap
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXBUSINESS.COM:
Secret deodorant announced Sunday it’s donating $529,000 to the U.S. women’s soccer team, becoming the first USWNT sponsor to publicly support the four-time Women’s World Cup champions’ fight for equal pay.
The deodorant brand, owned by Procter & Gamble, said each of the 23 players on the U.S. World Cup roster will receive $23,000. In a full-page ad printed in Sunday edition of the New York Times, the company said the women’s soccer team “just made history. But they have always deserved equal pay.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“We proudly stand up and give the number 23 a new meaning. We are doing our part to help close the pay gap by giving the Players Association over half a million dollars — $529,000 to be exact — the equivalent of $23,000 for each of the 23 players,” Secret Deodorant wrote in its ad.
We’re taking action to help close the @USWNT gender pay gap by giving $529K ($23k x 23 players) to the @USWNTPlayers. #WeSeeEqual #EqualPay #PayThem #USWNT #USWNTPA #DontSweatFairPay #ASNS pic.twitter.com/g9Mf5zOtgb
— Secret Deodorant (@SecretDeodorant) July 14, 2019
Powerful, Bold, Brave. It’s companies like @SecretDeodorant and @LUNAbar who have not only spoken about equality but have given a solution towards the issue. So a massive THANK YOU, for not just saying you believe in equality but showing that you do. 🇺🇸❤️ https://t.co/sB55SmSsjz
— Allie Long (@ALLIE_LONG) July 14, 2019
— Rachel Bachman (@Bachscore) July 14, 2019
— Meg Linehan (@itsmeglinehan) July 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXBUSINESS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott