REPORT: Pigment in female skeleton’s teeth changes assumptions about who produced sacred text
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Beautiful medieval illuminated manuscripts have for centuries thought to have been the work of male scribes.
But now archaeologists have found conclusive proof that nuns were involved in producing sacred texts.
The article goes on to state the following:
Tests on the teeth of a middle-aged female skeleton at a cemetery attached to a medieval nunnery in Germany showed flecks of a rare blue pigment on her teeth.
Beautiful medieval manuscripts are likely to have been the work of nuns https://t.co/qH80xnucKB
— Daily Mail Online (@MailOnline) January 9, 2019
— Ars Technica (@arstechnica) January 9, 2019
The discovery of semi-precious gems in the teeth of a 1,000-year-old female skeleton suggests women were more widely involved in creating medieval manuscripts than previously thought PIC: AP https://t.co/sC5YCGTX0H pic.twitter.com/hG2N9nI07f
— ABC News (@abcnews) January 10, 2019
The discovery of blue teeth in the remains of a woman who died 1,000 years ago might be the most direct evidence yet of a particular woman taking part in the art of making high-quality illuminated manuscriptshttps://t.co/MFE4PinFVR
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) January 9, 2019
Historians long assumed monks created most illuminated manuscripts, because men were more likely to sign their work.
But the unexpected discovery of lapis lazuli pigment in teeth of medieval woman is upending ideas that women weren’t artists, too. By me:https://t.co/gUgWkJr4F5
— Christina Larson 可心 (@larsonchristina) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly