REPORT: Poll shows Dems want healthcare and impeachment as top priorities
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democrats have a clear message for party leaders who will take control of the U.S. House of Representatives next year, according to a Reuters/Ipsos national opinion poll: Protect their healthcare and impeach President Donald Trump.
The poll released on Thursday found that 43 percent of people who identified as Democrats want impeachment to be a top priority for Congress. That goal was second in priority only to healthcare, which played a major role in Democratic campaigns’ closing arguments before Tuesday’s elections.
The article goes on to state the following:
They may be disappointed: Party leaders on Wednesday vowed to use their newly won majority to impose a new level of scrutiny on the Trump White House, but said impeachment would require evidence of action to subvert the Constitution that was so overwhelming that it would trouble even Trump’s supporters.
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Crowd Boos Julian Castro For Refusing To Hold Baby
- DML LIVE: Shocking report from ICE (Mon – July 15)
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez Responds To Washington ICE Attack
- VIDEO: Mom Catches Kid Falling Off Balcony In Heart-Stopping Surveillance Video
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson highlights CNN ‘promoting’ Antifa
- BREAKING: Police give update on missing Utah student, announce they have a ‘person of interest’
- REPORT: CBP denies Marine Corps veteran entry for citizenship interview
- NEW: TeamDML launches, feedback we’ve received