REPORT: Poll shows Dems want healthcare and impeachment as top priorities
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democrats have a clear message for party leaders who will take control of the U.S. House of Representatives next year, according to a Reuters/Ipsos national opinion poll: Protect their healthcare and impeach President Donald Trump.
The poll released on Thursday found that 43 percent of people who identified as Democrats want impeachment to be a top priority for Congress. That goal was second in priority only to healthcare, which played a major role in Democratic campaigns’ closing arguments before Tuesday’s elections.
The article goes on to state the following:
They may be disappointed: Party leaders on Wednesday vowed to use their newly won majority to impose a new level of scrutiny on the Trump White House, but said impeachment would require evidence of action to subvert the Constitution that was so overwhelming that it would trouble even Trump’s supporters.
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- REPORT PROBLEM
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020
- VIDEO: Tucker On Democrats’ Reactions To Trump Sanctuary Idea: ‘It Sounds A Little … Racist!’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters meets her match, debates woman on the street
- UPDATE: Joe Biden doesn’t recall alleged kissing incident from 2014
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)