REPORT: Poll shows how Latino voters feel about border wall, free healthcare for all
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Almost two-thirds of Latino voters say they are less likely to vote for a politician who supports the U.S.-Mexico border wall, according to a new poll by Noticias Telemundo, NBC News and the Wall Street Journal.
Sixty-three percent of registered Latino voters told pollsters they would be less inclined to vote for a lawmaker who wants to increase funding for a wall along the border with Mexico.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hispanics have consistently reported high levels of opposition to the wall, which was popularized as a policy position during President Trump’s presidential campaign. Seventy-one percent of Latinos in an April poll said they did not support its construction.
Hispanics in the new poll reported feeling the strongly about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, “Medicare for All” and gun control. Seventy-seven percent said they were more likely to vote for politicians who support DACA, while 63 percent said they would support politicians who are in favor of single-payer healthcare. Fifty-nine percent said the same about politicians who favor “stricter regulations on assault and military-style firearms.”
According to the report, twelve percent of the Hispanic voters polled feel “very positive” about President Trump. The number represents the highest percentage of positive sentiment in the demographic since July 2015.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- BREAKING: Man broke into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s office: Police
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- 2-year-old sings National Anthem
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake