REPORT: Poll shows how Latino voters feel about border wall, free healthcare for all
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Almost two-thirds of Latino voters say they are less likely to vote for a politician who supports the U.S.-Mexico border wall, according to a new poll by Noticias Telemundo, NBC News and the Wall Street Journal.
Sixty-three percent of registered Latino voters told pollsters they would be less inclined to vote for a lawmaker who wants to increase funding for a wall along the border with Mexico.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hispanics have consistently reported high levels of opposition to the wall, which was popularized as a policy position during President Trump’s presidential campaign. Seventy-one percent of Latinos in an April poll said they did not support its construction.
Hispanics in the new poll reported feeling the strongly about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, “Medicare for All” and gun control. Seventy-seven percent said they were more likely to vote for politicians who support DACA, while 63 percent said they would support politicians who are in favor of single-payer healthcare. Fifty-nine percent said the same about politicians who favor “stricter regulations on assault and military-style firearms.”
According to the report, twelve percent of the Hispanic voters polled feel “very positive” about President Trump. The number represents the highest percentage of positive sentiment in the demographic since July 2015.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?