REPORT: Pompeo takes unannounced trip to the Middle East, pushes peace talks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Military Times:
KABUL, Afghanistan — U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo used an unannounced trip to Afghanistan on Monday to step up the Trump administration’s calls for peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban.
Flying into Kabul after visiting Vietnam, Pompeo made the appeal in meetings with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani and Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The United States will support, facilitate and participate in these discussions,” Pompeo later told journalists, stressing that any talks would be “Afghan-led and Afghan-owned.”
Pompeo added: “The region and the world are all tired of what are taking place here in the same way that the Afghan people are no longer interested in seeing war.”
However, it remains unclear how the Taliban will take such an offer after nearly 17 years of war. The U.S. invaded Afghanistan following the Sept. 11 terror attacks by al-Qaida, which the Taliban government at the time had harbored.
To weigh in on this information provided by Military Times, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Military Times
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- BREAKING: Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters (VIDEO)