REPORT: Pregnant illegal alien detainees launch complaints against the Trump administration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A group of women who were in the custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) while pregnant have said they were denied adequate medical care.
Five women told Buzzfeed News in a report published on Monday that they were ignored by agents while miscarrying and described both agency’s contracted jailers as unwilling to respond to medical emergencies.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to the publication, each of the women’s accounts have been backed by statements from legal aid workers, medical workers and advocates who previously worked with ICE detainees.
Buzzfeed News also noted that each of the incidents detailed were not limited to a single detention center. The outlet reported that a handful of medical workers and legal aid sources said they witnessed instances in which pregnant women were denied adequate medical care at more than six detention facilities across California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.
In one written testimony provided to the publication by the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES), a pregnant woman said she was given clothing that was so tight, she suffered welts and a “pain in [her] uterus.”
Another woman said she underwent repeated X-rays while pregnant despite the Federal Drug Administration’s warnings against.
Below is the original article published by BuzzFeed, the media company who also had a reporter embedded in the illegal alien caravan that traveled from Central America up to the Mexico-US border earlier this year.
— Ema O’Connor (@o_ema) July 9, 2018
The three women we talked to all had a miscarriages while in detention. They said they bled for hours to days before receiving medical attention.
— Ema O’Connor (@o_ema) July 9, 2018
The DHS head told Congress in May that the government provides pregnant detainees with prenatal care, separate housing, specialists who take them to appointments, and counseling.
But each of the 3 women we spoke to said they receive none or only 2 of the services.
— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) July 9, 2018
Another report paints a devastating picture of illegal aliens who crossed into the U.S. “hungry, covered in lice, with no shoes or blankets.”
Children covered in lice; children hungry; pregnant women fainting from hunger; children with no shoes or blankets; detainees called “animals” by their captors. These are just a few details from testimonies of US migrant detainees https://t.co/vJSrkGewxw This is a stain on the US
— Clive Thompson (@pomeranian99) July 7, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- BREAKING: Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters (VIDEO)