REPORT: Priest’s son charged in murder of American biologist in Greece as grisly new details emerge
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
An American scientist found dead in a bunker on Crete used by the Nazis during World War II was choked to death by a man—the son of a priest– who raped her after mowing her down with his car, Greek police said Tuesday.
The grisly details in the death of Suzanne Eaton, a 59-year-old molecular biologist at the Max Planck Institute in Germany, emerged as police said a 27-year-old man from Crete had confessed to the murder. The case has generated international headlines.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The suspect reported that on July 2, 2019 … motivated by the intention to commit sexual assault, he hit her twice with his car to stop her,” Police Major Eleni Papathanasiou, a spokeswoman for the Crete Police, said.
“According to his claims, he placed the victim, unconscious, in the trunk of his car and transfer[ed] her to a ventilation drain in the wartime storage (tunnel), where after raping her, abandoned her there,” she said.
Papathanasiou said the accused, who was not identified in accordance to Greek law, then covered the World War II-era bunker with a wood palette and then drove his car to a nearby graveyard where he cleaned the trunk of blood.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by Fox News.
— ABC News (@ABC) July 16, 2019
Suzanne Eaton, a prominent biologist, was last seen on July 2, playing the piano at a conference center. She is then thought to have set out on a daily run. But she never came back. https://t.co/fnuj2Fk3eu
— New York Times World (@nytimesworld) July 16, 2019
— Yahoo Finance (@YahooFinance) July 16, 2019
NEW: Man confesses to killing American scientist Suzanne Eaton on the Greek island of Crete, police say; the 27-year-old local man ran over Eaton with his car before raping her and abandoning her body in a cave, according to a police statement https://t.co/EndHuETCQG pic.twitter.com/KLlxBPivOV
— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) July 16, 2019
A 27-year-old married farmer who is the son of an Orthodox priest has allegedly confessed to the heinous murder of 59-year-old American scientist Suzanne Eaton on the island of Crete https://t.co/YpnA9kymnx
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) July 16, 2019
Suzanne Eaton’s 27 year old killer captured pic.twitter.com/BSYChqMfth
— WOJ BOMB (@YuliGurriel) July 16, 2019
— SG (@shellie647) July 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott