REPORT: Private college to remove historical mural because it only depicts white people
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Tufts University has announced its plans to remove a historical mural from campus because it does not depict any nonwhite people.
The decision was made public in a news release which explained that the imagery “undermines its values of diversity and inclusion.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Alumnae Lounge, a popular meeting space at the campus, has several murals which are said to depict the university’s history. According to the university, however, “the murals tell an incomplete story about the origins and growth of Tufts.”
“There is not a single image of a person of color, for example, despite the fact that black students were enrolled at Tufts as early as the late nineteenth century, according to university archives,” the Tufts press release explains.
The report states that students are “uncomfortable in the space” and don’t want to attend awards ceremonies there.
I truly hope that @TuftsUniversity will erect murals that depict individuals of all gender expressions. #ThereAre873Genders. Also, I trust that the murals will contain images of exceptionally good-looking Lebanese Jews otherwise I’m not being represented. https://t.co/foBWmMSTru
— Gad Saad (@GadSaad) July 5, 2019
— Dr. Ana Lucia Araujo (@analuciaraujo_) June 27, 2019
Tufts Will Remove and Conserve Murals https://t.co/Xf7DO7c3PJ
— Tufts Now (@TuftsNow) June 26, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- POLL: Will Trump’s decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria hurt his chances for reelection?
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?