REPORT: Producer of world’s hottest pepper speaks out about health concerns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Sky News:
The UK’s largest producer of chilies has said consumers have no need to be concerned about the world’s hottest pepper as long as it is eaten “correctly” after it emerged that a man was hospitalized after taking part in an eating competition.
Salvatore Genovese, who grows the Carolina reaper on his seven-acre farm in Bedfordshire called Love My Chillies, told Sky News: “I’m not a doctor or a scientist – I’m a chilli grower. We grow them, pack them, and sell them.
“We have sold, in the past couple of years or so, over half a million Carolina reapers and I have never had any knowledge or any complaint of anyone having to be hospitalized.”
It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:
His response comes after doctors warned of the medical effects of eating mega-hot chillies competitively following a British Medical Journal report which highlighted the case of man in the US who had taken on the Carolina reaper in an eating contest.
Health professionals found that arteries in the 34-year-old’s brain had temporarily constricted, causing neck and head pain, including so-called “thunderclap” headaches.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Sky News.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: Judge rules Trump administration justified in ending Obama-era immigration program
- REPORT: Corsi slaps Mueller with $350M lawsuit
- EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
- REPORT: Company announces moving production out of China over tariff concerns
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh sides with liberal judges to turn away Planned Parenthood defunding cases
- VIDEO: Chris Christie comments on Trump’s legal jeopardy
- OpEd: Cohen’s pleas concocted by prosecutors to snare Trump
- REPORT: YouTube terminates conservative activist’s channel
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez surprises Queens synagogue with family history
- REPORT: Actress declares ‘We should be afraid’ of Trump