REPORT: Prominent academic dies during live TV show
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
A well-known Indian academic died mid-sentence in a disturbing scene that was captured on live television.
Rita Jitendra was a guest on the 8:30 a.m. talk show “Good Morning J&K” on Monday when her head slumped backward, her mouth fell open and her eyes closed, as she suffered cardiac arrest, the Telegraph in India reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
“She was telling us a few interesting things about her life and was looking absolutely normal,” said the anchor of the show, Zahid Mukhtar. “But suddenly she stopped talking and began having hiccups. We had to cut the interview [and switch to] a documentary to attend to her and take her to hospital.”
Jitendra, 81, who had retired as secretary of a government organization called Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture and Languages and made regular appearances on TV, was pronounced dead on arrival.
“She had a great association with television and her last words were on how she had started doing the dramas,” said Mukhtar.
For Jammu and Kashmir broadcasting legend Rita Jitendra, television had been her life. On Monday, the 81-year-old’s end came on the sets of a live morning show on Doordarshan.https://t.co/nFDi4WzYJO
— The Telegraph (@ttindia) September 11, 2018
Condolences to Professor Rita Jitendra’s family on her death earlier today during LIVE TV broadcast. Saw the tragic footage & read details, why no CPR was done? why no AED present in the studios?
Would be great if India/Pakistan can emphasize learning CPR across schools.
— Kashif N Chaudhry (@KashifMD) September 13, 2018
Deeply saddened by the untimely demise of veteran broadcaster, educationist, creative writer Prof. Rita Jitendra who left for heavenly abode this morning in Srinagar. We will always remember her for her rich contribution to society. May the departed soul rest in peace.
ॐ शांति। pic.twitter.com/fYjecxGFWO
— Dr Nirmal Singh (@NirmalSinghBJP) September 10, 2018
Had a very close association with Mam Rita Jitendra for 35 years.I began as a radio drama co-actor opposite her when she was already a Star.She recalled this when I met her just 15 days back on 26Aug.
Great,she died doing what she loved the most,speaking into a Studio microphone! pic.twitter.com/BvKyj4Xwdp
— Dr Jitendra Singh (@DrJitendraSingh) September 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter