REPORT: Protesters gather to oppose NY mayor’s diversity plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
About 1,000 protesters gathered outside City Hall on Sunday to oppose Mayor de Blasio’s plan to diversify the city’s elite high schools by scrapping the admission test.
The predominantly Asian crowd held professionally printed signs with sayings that included “THE TEST IS NOT THE PROBLEM”and “SUPPORT DIVERSITY, FAIRNESS AND MERIT.”
The article goes on to state the following:
De Blasio wants to phase out the state-mandated test over three years and instead fill the schools with the top 7 percent of seventh-graders from each of the city’s middle schools.
The proposal requires a change in state law, and the Assembly’s Education Committee last week narrowly passed enabling legislation.
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- REPORT: Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle take their relationship public (photo)
- Trump Tweet: Will speak to Mexico!
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- BREAKING: Father shares shocking truth about iconic crying migrant girl used in family separation propaganda