REPORT: Protesters gather to oppose NY mayor’s diversity plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
About 1,000 protesters gathered outside City Hall on Sunday to oppose Mayor de Blasio’s plan to diversify the city’s elite high schools by scrapping the admission test.
The predominantly Asian crowd held professionally printed signs with sayings that included “THE TEST IS NOT THE PROBLEM”and “SUPPORT DIVERSITY, FAIRNESS AND MERIT.”
The article goes on to state the following:
De Blasio wants to phase out the state-mandated test over three years and instead fill the schools with the top 7 percent of seventh-graders from each of the city’s middle schools.
The proposal requires a change in state law, and the Assembly’s Education Committee last week narrowly passed enabling legislation.
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)