REPORT: Psychologist at Air Force base arrested on charges of sexually assaulting veteran patients
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSLOCAL.COM:
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A psychologist working at Travis Air Force Base is behind bars tonight, accused of sexually assaulting patients he was hired to help.
The doctor worked at the base hospital where they treat Air Force personnel and veterans with PTSD.
The article goes on to state the following:
Dr. Heath Sommer was arrested earlier this month and pleaded not guilty to multiple felony counts of sexual assault and sexual battery. On Monday, a complaint detailing the allegations was filed.
Prosecutors say Sommer abused his position of power by using a technique called exposure therapy on patients who had been sexually assaulted while deployed, according to court documents.
They also say his victims are now “even more traumatized” because of his actions.
CBS News reported that the abuse reportedly occurred between 2010 to 2016, and stated that Sommer is being held on $750,000 bail.
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSLOCAL.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSLOCAL.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist