REPORT: Rare item linking Abraham Lincoln to the NRA shows up at auction
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A rare link between former President Abraham Lincoln and the National Rifle Association has appeared at auction, and collectors are already bidding up the price.
Alexander Historical Auctions, the Maryland-based auction house that focuses on U.S. and international historic artifacts, is offering Lincoln’s hand-signed appointment of a Civil War captain who later became the co-founder of the NRA and its second president.
It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:
“Know Ye, that reposing special trust and confidence in the patriotism, valor, fidelity, and abilities of William C. Church I have nominated, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, do appoint him Commissary of Subsistence, with the rank of Captain,” reads part of the 1863 document, also signed by Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton.
Church started the first military newspaper, the “Army and Navy Journal,” but is better known for co-founding the NRA with lawyer George Wood Wingate in 1871.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 15, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: Judge rules Trump administration justified in ending Obama-era immigration program
- REPORT: Corsi slaps Mueller with $350M lawsuit
- EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
- REPORT: Company announces moving production out of China over tariff concerns
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh sides with liberal judges to turn away Planned Parenthood defunding cases
- VIDEO: Chris Christie comments on Trump’s legal jeopardy
- OpEd: Cohen’s pleas concocted by prosecutors to snare Trump
- REPORT: YouTube terminates conservative activist’s channel
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez surprises Queens synagogue with family history
- REPORT: Actress declares ‘We should be afraid’ of Trump