REPORT: The reason numerous major universities are flying blackened American flags
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The University of Kansas is flying an American flag with a splattering of black paint and a black and white striped sock as part of an art exhibit on the current political climate.
German artist Josephine Meckseper designed the flag which is being flown at a dozen locations in the United States, including KU, Cornell University, Texas State University, Rutgers University, and the University of South Florida, Campus Reform reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sponsored by the Creative Time Project, Meckeper said on their website, “The flag is a collage of an American flag and one of my dripped paintings which resembles the contours of the United States,” Meckseper explained. “I divided the shape of the country in two for the flag design to reflect a deeply polarized country in which a president has openly bragged about harassing women and is withdrawing from the Kyoto protocol and UN Human Rights Council.”
“The black and white sock on my flag takes on a new symbolic meaning in light of the recent imprisonment of immigrant children at the border,” Meckseper added. “Let’s not forget that we all came from somewhere and are only recent occupants of this country – native cultures knew to take care of this continent much better for thousands of years before us. It’s about time for our differences to unite us rather than divide us.”
Meckseper’s flag is part of a larger project that’s been going on since June 2017 titled “Pledges of Allegiance,” which features 16 different artists designing their own flags on issues they care about.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- VIDEO: Convicted child abuser goes berserk, attacks prosecutors in courtroom at sentencing
- BREAKING: Publisher of National Enquirer claims it paid hush money to help Trump
- BREAKING: Republican-led Senate breaks with Trump on Saudi vote
- BREAKING: Kansas state Republican switches party affiliation to Democrat
- BREAKING: House passes $867 billion farm bill, giving Trump major win
- REPORT: Incoming NY Attorney General claims she’ll do everything in her power to investigate Trump, and his family
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life