REPORT: Reporter who refused to identify source is handcuffed as cops raid home
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
A California journalist is accusing cops of raiding his home and shackling him after he published information from a confidential police report.
Freelance reporter Bryan Carmody said officers descended Friday on his San Francisco home and office, confiscating dozens of items including his cellphone, computer, hard drives and cameras, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Carmody, 49, said he declined to name his source when the San Francisco Police Department asked him a few weeks earlier to identify who provided him details about the Feb. 22 death of public defender Jeff Adachi.
“Of course, I politely declined,” Carmody told the LA Times.
When a reporter would not betray his source, police came to his home with guns and a sledgehammer https://t.co/Q06jNFERsy
— L.A. Times: L.A. Now (@LANow) May 12, 2019
My home and business were raided by the SFPD and the FBI today. This is part of a campaign to make me divulge a confidential source. I will not. https://t.co/qa7uNjy4wy
— Bryan C. Carmody (@bryanccarmody) May 11, 2019
Freelance reporter Bryan Carmody said police and FBI raided his home, keeping him handcuffed, as they tried to find information identifying the source who provided him with a copy of a police report on the death of Jeff Adachi. https://t.co/QIZWGGAANX
— KPIX 5 (@KPIXtv) May 12, 2019
#BREAKING: Reporter’s home raided by San Francisco police over Jeff Adachi leaks; Bryan Carmody told me tens of thousands of dollars in equipment seized, essentially putting him out of business for the time being https://t.co/mi9b93kWtB
— Matthew Keys (@MatthewKeysLive) May 11, 2019
“An attack on the rights of one journalist is an attack on the rights of all journalists.”
— Joe Fitz Rodriguez (@FitzTheReporter) May 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales