REPORT: Republicans ask Trump to back off pardoning Democrat
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Politico:
The Illinois Republican congressional delegation is asking President Trump to call off any plans to commute ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s 14-year sentence, saying it would “set a detrimental precedent and send a damaging message.”
A copy of the letter obtained by POLITICO shows the state’s seven GOP House members in unified opposition to freeing the former Democratic governor.
The article goes on to state the following:
Last week, Blagojevich’s attorneys formally sent a commutation request to the Office of the Pardon Attorney, after the president’s remarks that Blagojevich’s sentence was too lengthy.
Trump had asserted to reporters on Air Force One that the former governor’s actions did not justify his sentence, and that he “shouldn’t have been put in jail.”
CNN further reports:
To weigh in on this information provided by Politico, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned