REPORT: Republicans pressure Pelosi for hearings on ‘Green New Deal’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Top House Republicans pressured House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Thursday to launch hearings on the ‘Green New Deal,’ arguing that the progressive plan must be debated and properly vetted.
“Taken together, we fear the Green New Deal would hurt Americans struggling to make ends meet — the very people it purports to help,” 11 Republicans representing key committees wrote in a letter to Pelosi. “Worst of all, it could permanently put the American Dream out of reach for millions of Americans.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The Green New Deal was introduced as a broadly-worded resolution last month by freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and climate stalwart Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass. It offered broad goals, like switching to zero emission energy by 2030, but provided little in the way of details on several of its other proposals, such as federal job guarantees, free college, and government-financed healthcare.
The lack of detail is one of the key reasons the Republicans want Pelosi to begin hearings on the plan, in order to flesh it out and debate its implications for the country.
“As the committees to which it has been referred, we have a responsibility to fully understand how the Green New Deal will affect the cost of living and economic mobility of hardworking Americans. We need to get to the facts, the American people deserve answers,” the letter added.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- NYC law professor bashes white people in op-ed