REPORT: Republicans ‘Will Go Into The Waste Bin Of Society’: Democratic Governor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
California Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom compared the current political situation in the United States to that of California in the 90s, then predicted the eventual demise of the national Republican Party.
During a wide-ranging interview with Politico published Monday, the former San Francisco mayor took some time to break from state politics to weigh in on what he considers a bright future for Democrats at the national level similar to what they’ve experienced of late in his state.
The article goes on to state the following:
“America in 2019 is California in the 1990s,” said Newsom. “The xenophobia, the nativism, the fear of ‘the other.’ Scapegoating. Talking down or past people. The hysteria. And so, we’re not going to put up with that. We are going to push back.”
Likely referring at least in part to Proposition 187, which was divisive then but still passed by 59 percent of voters, Newsom told Politico that Republicans at the national level “are into the politics of what California was into in the 1990s … and they’ll go the same direction — into the waste bin of history, the way Republicans of the ’90s have gone. That’s exactly what will happen to this crop of national Republicans.”
Gavin Newsom said national Republicans are destined for the "waste bin of history"https://t.co/vfdVSjL6Y2
— POLITICO (@politico) June 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘It doesn’t look promising’: Jim Jordan says of impeachment
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Maxine Waters fires back at Ben Carson
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: Mark Levin: Schiff awakened ‘sleeping giant’ with impeachment
- VIDEO: Liberal Democrat lawyer backs Trump after impeachment hearings
- REPORT: Trump administration sends letter to landowners regarding border wall construction
- REPORT: Republican tells Eric Swalwell to ‘shut up’ during impeachment hearing