REPORT: Restaurant cancels NFL package over national anthem protests
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A Florida restaurant decided to cancel its DirecTV NFL package over the controversy about players kneeling during the national anthem to protest social injustices.
Curtis West, who co-owns Beef O’Brady’s in Brooksville with his wife Janet, told FOX13 Tampa Bay on Monday there will be no NFL games shown because of the “disrespect” the players have shown.
“Last year, with the kneeling and the disrespect to our veterans and our flag and our country, I was very upset,” West told the station.
The article goes on to state the following:
West hung up posters alerting his customers of the change.
“Beef O’Brady’s will not be financially supporting the NFL this year due to their lack of compassion and gratitude for our American service members,” the poster read. “Our National Anthem is one of the methods we as American citizens have always used to show our appreciation to all military service members, past or present, alive or dead. This tradition deserves respect and unfortunately, the NFL does not feel that same way. So, for this season, we will not be purchasing the NFL ticket. Perhaps, it will make a difference if it hits their wallets.”
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Florida restaurant cancels NFL package over national anthem protests https://t.co/djEtarR2ok
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 7, 2018
The next time I visit Florida, I’m going to make it a point to go to Beef O’Brady’s in Brooksville, FL. Even though I’m a Veteran, I will insist on paying full price. My hat is off to you Curtis & Janet West, Thank You.https://t.co/mLtSIZRqMe pic.twitter.com/pBftwH3Hqb
— MarkRays-America (@MarkRay1980) August 7, 2018
I will now eat at Beef O’Brady’s every chance I get!
The NFL has finished itself off as far as I’m concerned.
— Justice ❌ (@Formidious) August 7, 2018
— gary archer (@gca122) August 7, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- VIDEO: Pelosi responds when asked whether she will be next House Speaker
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti hit with HUGE DEFEAT in ex-colleague’s lawsuit
- REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement