REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The restaurant where House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, were heckled by protesters last Friday evening in Louisville issued a statement saying it regrets that the incident occurred and that its staff was caught off guard.
“We strongly believe everyone should feel welcome and safe in our restaurants,” the management of Havana Rumba, a Cuban restaurant with three locations in the Louisville area, wrote on Facebook. “It was Friday night in the middle of the rush and our staff was caught off guard as the incident developed quickly. Once we were aware of the situation we acted quickly and efficiently to assure that everyone was safe.”
The article goes on to state the following:
In a video posted on TMZ, McConnell, R- Ky., and Chao appeared to be finishing up their meal on Friday when they were approached by four men. One of the men began shouting at the Kentucky lawmaker, saying “get out of here” and “Why don’t you leave the entire country?”
The man also allegedly grabbed McConnell’s box of leftovers and threw it outside.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- TRUMP TWEET: Presidential Harassment
- BREAKING: Barr reveals timeline to release redacted Mueller report
- Submit News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”