REPORT: Rick Gates: ‘Possible’ I submitted personal expenses to Trump inaugural committee
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rick Gates admitted in court Tuesday that it’s “possible” he submitted his personal expenses to President Trump’s inaugural committee for reimbursement.
Gates made the revelation during cross-examination by Kevin Downing, Paul Manafort’s defense attorney.
Gates served as deputy chairman of Trump’s inaugural committee. He said, however, that the expenses filed were monitored very closely.
The article goes on to state the following:
Downing asked Gates during cross-examination whether he told the Office of the Special Counsel during one of his many interviews about a scheme to include personal expenses on the expense reports he filed with the inaugural committee. Gates said he did not remember doing so.
But then said in response to a follow-up question it’s “possible” he submitted personal expenses to the committee.
TRUMP INAUGURATION $: GATES was asked whether he received reimbursement for personal expenses from the presidential inaugural committee. “It’s possible,” he said.
The committee’s public filings did not list a single penny paid to Gates. I’ve asked for an accounting of $ to Gates.
— Kenneth P. Vogel (@kenvogel) August 7, 2018
But Rick Gates did testify that it wasn’t quite as easy to embezzle money from the Trump inaugural committee.
“Inaugural expenses were reviewed very closely,” he said.
Gates did say it was possible he submitted personal expenses to the Inaugural committee, though.
— Ryan J. Reilly (@ryanjreilly) August 7, 2018
Rick Gates said “it’s possible” that he submitted personal expenses to be reimbursed by Trump’s inaugural committee. https://t.co/iERF5uGV20
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) August 7, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- TRUMP TWEET: Presidential Harassment
- BREAKING: Barr reveals timeline to release redacted Mueller report
- Submit News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”