REPORT: Rick Perry addresses hacking efforts in meeting with Russian counterpart
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Energy Secretary Rick Perry expressed “disappointment and concern” to Russia’s energy minister on Thursday about Moscow’s continue attempts to hack America’s power grid.
Perry shared his concerns with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak during a meeting in Moscow, the Energy Department said in a readout of the discussion.
The article goes on to state the following:
The readout said Perry is upset about “Russia’s continued attempts to infiltrate the American electric grid.”
That description suggests that Russia has not stopped its hacking efforts after the Department of Homeland Security said in March that Russian hackers gained access to the U.S. electrical grid last year.
“Since at least March 2016, Russian government cyber actors targeted government entities and multiple U.S. critical infrastructure sectors, including the energy, nuclear, commercial facilities, water, aviation, and critical manufacturing sectors,” the FBI and Department of Homeland Security said in a joint statement at the time.
Just concluded a productive meeting with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak. I look forward to continuing our dialogue within the current constraints of our bilateral relationship. pic.twitter.com/mUJ2PInDcV
— Rick Perry (@SecretaryPerry) September 13, 2018
‘@Russia supports transparency of global energy markets and the right of the consumer to select the source of supplies, Energy🇷🇺 Minister Alexander Novak said before the meeting with #US🇺🇸 Secretary of Energy Rick Perry
— Russia in USA 🇷🇺 (@RusEmbUSA) September 13, 2018
— DOE Press Staff (@EnergyPress) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant