REPORT: Rick Perry addresses hacking efforts in meeting with Russian counterpart
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Energy Secretary Rick Perry expressed “disappointment and concern” to Russia’s energy minister on Thursday about Moscow’s continue attempts to hack America’s power grid.
Perry shared his concerns with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak during a meeting in Moscow, the Energy Department said in a readout of the discussion.
The article goes on to state the following:
The readout said Perry is upset about “Russia’s continued attempts to infiltrate the American electric grid.”
That description suggests that Russia has not stopped its hacking efforts after the Department of Homeland Security said in March that Russian hackers gained access to the U.S. electrical grid last year.
“Since at least March 2016, Russian government cyber actors targeted government entities and multiple U.S. critical infrastructure sectors, including the energy, nuclear, commercial facilities, water, aviation, and critical manufacturing sectors,” the FBI and Department of Homeland Security said in a joint statement at the time.
Just concluded a productive meeting with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak. I look forward to continuing our dialogue within the current constraints of our bilateral relationship. pic.twitter.com/mUJ2PInDcV
— Rick Perry (@SecretaryPerry) September 13, 2018
‘@Russia supports transparency of global energy markets and the right of the consumer to select the source of supplies, Energy🇷🇺 Minister Alexander Novak said before the meeting with #US🇺🇸 Secretary of Energy Rick Perry
— Russia in USA 🇷🇺 (@RusEmbUSA) September 13, 2018
— DOE Press Staff (@EnergyPress) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments