REPORT: ‘Rising star’ UK rapper killed in car crash on way to performance
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNN.com:
London (CNN) — Up-and-coming UK rapper Cadet was killed in a car crash in England’s West Midlands region in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
The 28-year-old, real name Blaine Johnson, was being driven to a gig at Keele University in Staffordshire at the time, Britain’s Press Association news agency reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
A statement on Cadet’s Instagram page, cited by PA, said: “We the family of Blaine Cameron Johnson known as Cadet (Underrated Legend) would like to share the sad news that during the early hours of 9th February 2019 he passed away as a passenger in a taxi, en route to a performance.
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) February 9, 2019
#Update We can confirm that the man who sadly lost his life in a road traffic collision in Betley this morning was Blaine Johnson, known as Cadet. He was aged 28 and from London. Our Serious Collision Investigation Unit continue to investigate. https://t.co/f9nb5QIl4G pic.twitter.com/GZJHBeihdZ
— Staffordshire Police (@StaffsPolice) February 9, 2019
— CNN International (@cnni) February 9, 2019
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and fans, of Cadet.
Such sad news.
We’ll be keeping his Wireless performance as a time to reflect on the memory of Blaine.
— Wireless Festival (@WirelessFest) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Oklahoma teen accused of threatening to shoot ‘400 people for fun,’ officers make chilling find at her home
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week