UPDATE: Rob Lowe deletes Elizabeth Warren ‘chief’ joke after Hollywood backlash
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Actor Rob Lowe removed a Twitter post that poked fun at U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Saturday out of concern that “some peeps got upset.”
Earlier in the day, Lowe responded on the social media platform after the Massachusetts Democrat officially launched her 2020 presidential campaign with a kickoff event in Lawrence, Mass.
“Elizabeth Warren would bring a whole new meaning to Commander in ‘Chief,’” Lowe wrote in the now-deleted post, in an apparent reference to the controversy over Warren’s claims of Native American heritage.
The article goes on to state the following:
But many social media users – including fellow Hollywood actors — were not amused. Ultimately, Lowe decided it was best to remove the post.
What a raw blow!
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 10, 2019
That’s not funny.
— Vincent D’Onofrio (@vincentdonofrio) February 10, 2019
— Valerie Bertinelli (@Wolfiesmom) February 10, 2019
Just when I was liking Rob Lowe after his moving comments about being his mom’s caretaker—he takes a page from Trump. Ick. You shouldn’t do this: https://t.co/TUgmoMNn8B
— Soledad O’Brien (@soledadobrien) February 9, 2019
I deleted my Elizabeth Warren tweet. It was a joke and some peeps got upset, and that’s never my intention. On the GOOD side: I just got to use the Oxford comma!
— Rob Lowe (@RobLowe) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy