REPORT: Robert Redford laments state of politics in public statement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Hollywood icon Robert Redford is lamenting the state of politics in the U.S.
In a statement posted to the Sundance Institute’s website, Redford wrote that “for the first time,” he feels “out of place” in his country.
“For the first time I can remember, I feel out of place in the country I was born into and the citizenship I’ve loved my whole life,” he wrote. “For weeks I’ve watched with sadness as our civil servants have failed us, turning toward bigotry, mean-spiritedness, and mockery as the now-normal tools of the trade.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Redford, who has said he will retire from acting after his new film “The Old Man and the Gun,” has been critical of President Trump and the GOP in the past.
Though the actor did not point to any specific current events or politicians, his statement, posted Friday, came amid the contentious fight over Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.
A message from our co-founder, Robert Redford: “Tonight, for the first time I can remember, I feel out of place in the country I was born into and the citizenship I’ve loved my whole life.”
— Redford Center (@redfordcenter) October 5, 2018
Below is Redford’s entire statement.
“For weeks I’ve watched with sadness as our civil servants have failed us, turning toward bigotry, mean-spiritedness, and mockery as the now-normal tools of the trade.” A message from Robert Redford: https://t.co/pZA15VWe70 pic.twitter.com/OkAJsyoGeW
— Sundance Institute (@sundanceorg) October 6, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- BREAKING: Man broke into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s office: Police
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- DML LIVE: Update on TeamDML email campaign to Fox News (Sun – June 16)
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- 2-year-old sings National Anthem
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez warns of ‘very real risk’ of Trump win in 2020, Trump responds